The aim of the Moray Forum Transport Steering Group (MFTSG) is to lead on the facilitation of an integrated, inclusive and coordinated transport service for Moray.
Its objectives are:
• to support existing community-led and community-focussed transport providers (e.g. Speyside Community Car Share Scheme, BABS, Osprey, Dial M, etc.),
• to support the development of sustainable community transport schemes/projects (e.g. community bus clubs, in response to expressed needs),
• to facilitate the formation of a Community Transport Forum (similar to the Aberdeenshire Community Transport Forum) for the sharing of good practice, knowledge, skills and experience,
• to plan, organise and deliver an annual transport seminar for users, providers and commissioners of transport which will inform the work of MFTSG,
• to map the provision of transport providers (geographical coverage, availability and conditions for use, etc.),
• to identify gaps in provision and find innovative ways to meet them,
• to ensure information is readily available to transport users on the services available through good communication and marketing and regular reviews and updates of the Transport Guide,
• to assist in the recruitment of community transport volunteers and provide support and the co-ordination of training and other benefits,
• to identify innovative projects in community transport and funding opportunities and disseminate information and assist with project planning,
• and to promote partnership working though good communication and the sharing of information.